Data Generated from ACT-Affiliated Research Studies
This includes a variety of data types not collected as part of the major data categories in the Adult Changes in Thought (ACT) Study Data Repository. These were added for the explicit purpose of answering a research question funded by an ancillary grant working with the ACT cohort. Examples include the ACT Air Pollution study, various traumatic brain injury projects, and ACT-Eye.
The following publications provide additional detail on the ACT-affiliated study data elements. These may be helpful supporting citations when publishing analyses using these data.
- Lee CS, Gibbons LE, Lee AY, Yanagihara RT, Blazes MS, Lee ML, McCurry SM, Bowen JD, McCormick WC, Crane PK, Larson EB. (2022). Association between cataract extraction and development of dementia. JAMA Internal Medicine, 182 (2), 134-141. doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2021.6990
- Lee CS, Larson EB, Gibbons LE, Lee AY, McCurry SM, Bowen JD, McCormick WC, Crane PK. (2019). Associations between recent and established ophthalmic conditions and risk of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's & Dementia, 15(1), 34–41. doi.org/10.1016/j.jalz.2018.06.2856
- Haneuse S, Schildcrout J, Crane P, Sonnen J, Breitner J, Larson E. (2009). Adjustment for selection bias in observational studies with application to the analysis of autopsy data. Neuroepidemiology, 32(3), 229-39. doi.org/10.1159/000197389.
- Crane PK, Walker R, Hubbard RA, Li G, Nathan DM, Zheng H, Haneuse S, Craft S, Montine TJ, Kahn SE, McCormick W, McCurry SM, Bowen JD, & Larson EB. (2013). Glucose levels and risk of dementia. The New England Journal of Medicine, 369(6), 540–548. doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1215740
- Hubbard RA, Zhou XH. (2011). A comparison of non-homogeneous Markov regression models with application to Alzheimer's disease progression. Journal of Applied Statatistics, 38(10), 2313-2326. doi.org/0.1080/02664763.2010.547567